Monday 9 September 2013

The Liebster Award!!

Hello!!

So I have decided to take a "one post break" from my everyday makeup series because I recently found out that the lovely Nicola Stewart Galton had nominated me for a Liebster Award! This is an award for blogs with less than 200 followers!

                                   

 So here are the rules:

- Share 11 random facts about yourself.

- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.

- Nominate blogs with less than 200 followers and let them know they have been nominated. 

- Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers. 

- No tag backs. 


Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start!!


11 Random Facts About Me

1. I was called "Hannah" for the entire duration of my Mum's pregnancy until about 5 minutes after I was born when my parents changed their minds!! This must be where I get my indecisiveness from!!

2. I have an addiction to maltesers. 

3. I can (make an attempt to) "play" 3 musical instruments. Piano, drums and guitar.

4. I love dancing and I used to go to classes from when I was 9 until I was 17 and giving it up is one of my biggest regrets.

5. My favourite film is Back To The Future.

6. I would love to live abroad one day. (Barcelona and Paris will do just nicely!!)

7. My favourite colour is yellow.

8. I am currently attempting to learn Spanish, French and German. Hola! Bonjour! Hallo!

9. I love musicals and don't think I will ever be able to decide my favourite!

10. The Simpsons is my favourite programme of all time. 

11. I have to buy at least one nail polish everytime I go into Boots or Superdrug. This has resulted in a rather large collection!!



11 Questions from Nicola Stewart Galton!!


1. What made you want to start blogging? 

It was a combination of things. I love beauty products and I was obsessed with reading reviews. I loved the reliability of reviews I would read on blogs because you were getting an honest opinion and not just another "review" created by a company wanting to sell their "amazing" product to you.  Whilst reading these blogs and watching youtube channels I then came across lifestyle posts videos and I loved seeing what people were up to, it was so interesting. At the same time my best friend Nikki (over at The Lunar Lights) had been blogging for a while and encouraged me to start my own one. After some persuasion here we are, I wish I had started it sooner!!

2. What's your number 1 beauty product? 

The answer to this changes monthly but right now it is definitely the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. A face product that doesn't settle in my dry skin and make it look drier and make it look moisturised but at the same time not make my face look super shiny. I love it!

4. Favourite make-up brand?

This is a difficult one as I love and use so many. I love Bourjois these days and if I have boots points or feel like treating myself I absolutely love Benefit! But then I love my old faithful Elf! I will never have one answer for this question!! 

5. What's the weirdest or most unusual beauty tip you know? This could just be one you've heard of, it doesn't have to be one you actually follow! It could be anything.

Not technically beauty but I remember trying the "putting an egg through your hair when washing it" thing when I was younger to make it look shiny! It does work!! Apparently doing the same thing but with beer gives your hair a real shine but I don't think I would want to walk about smelling like a brewery or a hangover all day! 

6. Do you have anything natural or DIY in your beauty routine? If so, what? Coconut oil is my current favourite.

Nothing specific but I love using coconut and honey based products!!

7. What's your favourite book? 

I am still a big kid so "Fantastic Mr. Fox" by Roald Dahl will always be my favourite but my favourite "grown up" book is "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

8. If you were on Come Dine With Me, what would you cook? 

It would definitely have to be Italian food of some sort because I don't think you can ever go wrong with a nice pasta dish! Though I would most likely burn it or something so beans on toast never fails and is so underrated!!

9. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 

I don't own anywhere near the amount I would like to! I probably have about 20 pairs (about half those are wedges as I seem to have a slight addiction).

10. Dream job (again, could be anything)?

I have always wanted my dream job to involve music, travel, dance, blogging. If there's a magical job where I can combine all that then I would definitely do that!! Maybe a travelling session musician who blogs about it!! 

11. If you could go anywhere in the world on holiday, where would you go and why? 


I would literally go anywhere if it meant I was getting a holiday because I love travelling. One place that is right at the top of my places to see is New York. I have always been fascinated with it since I was young!


My questions for my nominees!!

1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?

2. Do you prefer beauty or lifestyle posts?

3. Favourite TV show?

4. If you were stuck on a desert island and you could only take 1 beauty item, what would it be?

5. Favourite season of the year?

6. Do you prefer your birthday or Christmas?

7. Favourite meal?

8. Favourite song/songs which inspire you in anyway?

9. Favourite Disney film (or any film you liked when you were young)?

10. If you had to move to another place in the world and live there forever, where would it be?

11. If you could go back in time and give advice to your younger self what would it be?



 My Nominated Blogs (Click on names to visit blogs)













This is a great way to find new blogs! It would be great if you could leave a comment with the link to your answers!!

Hope you enjoyed that and thanks again to Nicola for nominating me!!

Looking forward to reading the answers!!


History Never Repeats.


X


4 comments:

  1. Its so good to kniw more about you.. I love danceing and learnt it for many years...
    Leaving it a bad decision..
    I would love to live in paris one day too..
    We r quite similar, sane pinch..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great :) well done you!
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete