Friday 6 September 2013

Everyday Makeup Products - The Foundation!

Hello! 

I recently came back from a few days holiday (which I will do a post on soon) and I have not blogged in a while, so to ease myself back in I thought I would do a series of posts on my everyday makeup items!


The Foundation!




This is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and I bought this from boots for £10.99. So this isn't technically a foundation but it does a similar job! I purchased this in May after hearing so many bloggers and vloggers raving about it and I shall now join them! I love this product!  As someone with very dry skin this serum is ideal. It has mid to full coverage and a real dewy finish which gives the skin a glow almost acting like a bb cream rather than a foundation. The only thing about products with this type of finish is that they can sometimes lean towards "shiny territory" (which this product can be guilty of) but with a good powder this can be quickly fixed. 

As someone from Scotland I have a rather pale complexion so I have picked shade 51 in light vanilla which is almost the perfect shade for me.  I sometimes refer to it as "my skin in a bottle"! Another thing I love about this product is the scent. When I buy a foundation or bb cream I am never really basing my purchasing of it on the smell, unless it is noticeably bad. But this has a really nice fresh fruity kind of scent which is an added bonus. 

I would definitely repurchase the Healthy Mix Serum, especially in the summer, as it is very light on the skin whilst still providing a nice coverage. I would now love to try all the products from the Healthy Mix Range and I think I will give the foundation a go next as I have heard great things about it. 






To apply this serum I have been using the buffing brush by Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman. This particular brush is only available as part of the Core Collection which is £21.99 from Boots. I love Real Techniques so much!! This buffing brush in particular is great for applying this product. It is really dense so it buffs the product into the skin beautifully. I have made it my mission to own every single real techniques brush that is available!


Have you used any of the products in the healthy mix range?  What would you recommend?


History Never Repeats.

X

10 comments:

  1. Great review!
    Great blog. Would you like to follow each ohter? - it would be fantastic;)

    Love
    Minnja

    Minnja Blog
    Minnja on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!! Would love to follow!!

      X

      Delete
  2. I have heard about this foundation a lot.. Maybe I should go check it out! Since I have a lil dry skin it should suit me..

    www.thesunshinegirll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should give it a try!

      Thanks for your comment!

      X

      Delete
  3. thanks a for your lovely coment on my blog.. :) i really like that brush..
    following you on Bloglovin and GFC ..hope you follow back on both platforms...
    I am hosting my first ever giveaway. would love if you can enter, you can win clothes worth $30.
    Its getting over on 9th sep so please enter soon..Help me get 100 entries
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html

    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow!! Love your blog!!

      X

      Delete
  4. I really want to try this! It looks amazing, everyone raves about it! Can't wait for your holiday posts :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome!! You should buy it on our next shopping trip!!

      X

      Delete
  5. I make it my mission to own every single real techniques brush too, I think there's only 2 brushes and the duo fibre set that I don't have now! :)
    Charlotte xx
    Www.gagaaboutbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! They are amazing brushes!!

      Thanks for commenting!!

      X

      Delete