Saturday 7 September 2013

Everyday Makeup Products - The Blusher!

Hello!!

So on to the second part of the Everyday makeup series!!


The Blusher!






This blusher is by Elf and is from the Mineral Collection. It is normally £5.00 (I got it for £2.50 when everything was 50% off!! I love Elf!!) and is in the shade "joy". I have to admit that I used to have a fear of blusher. I was always scared that I would use too much or that the shade would be too bright and I would end up looking like a clown!! But this fear wouldn't stop me buying them so after building up quite a collection I decided to just bite the bullet. I am very glad I did because I love wearing blusher now and I no longer have a drawer full of products I never wear!! 

This one from Elf is currently my favourite and the one I use everyday, I love it! I really like the colour of this blusher. It is a very natural light pink with almost peach tones through it. It is very lightweight on the skin and is incredibly pigmented (it took me ages to realise how much was enough for one application!!).  The only thing I would say is that because this is a loose powder (and no matter how carefully I have opened it) it goes absolutely everywhere (as you can see in the photo!!). I would love it if Elf made a pressed powder version of this blusher. However I really love it and I will defintely be repurchasing it!!








This blush brush is from Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman and is £9.99 from Boots. This blush brush is the best make up brush I have ever used. Ever. It is the fluffiest, softest brush in the world (slight exaggeration maybe but its the fluffiest brush I have ever used).  

This brush applies product perfectly. It's slightly tapered at the top so it picks up a good amount of product. It blends really well and is good for applying powder as well!! This is definitely one of my holy grail products!! Did I mention how fluffy it is?


What is your favourite blusher at the moment? 


History Never Repeats.

X

6 comments:

  1. I realy like the color of the blush..
    I am hosting my first ever giveaway, you can win $30 clothes, would love if you can enter
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/08/my-bday-ahai-shopping-giveaway.html
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katrina, I need this brush. I'm seriously considering going to the Fort tommo now haha! It's killing me that it's the only RT brush I dont have from the main collections!! It looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not considering it, you are buying it!! Haha!!

      X

      Delete
  3. I've never tried mineral blusher before but I think I will now! I love all blushers from topshop :)

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any makeup from topshop yet, I keep meaning to!! I love the packaging of their makeup!!

      XX

      Delete