Thursday 15 August 2013

My First Empties Post!!

Guten Tag!

I really like reading empties posts because unlike a haul you can actually say whether you like the product or not and if you would purchase it again. I have managed to collect a small handful of empty products over the past few months! Most of the products are skincare with a few haircare thrown in.



Hair Products




 After going through the products in the bathroom and finding at least 8 different shampoos, I made it my mission to use them up before purchasing anymore! "Glad Hair Day" by Soap & Glory was one of the last ones I used because the scent put me off. I do really love Soap & Glory a lot but a few of their products (especially the righteous butter which I do think is amazing apart from the scent) have a fragrance which I am just not a big fan of at all.  This shampoo has a milder form of this scent. But when it was the only shampoo left I had no choice. How glad am I that there was no other option that day! 

I absolutely love this shampoo! Whenever you read hair products they claim they can make your hair dreams come true and make your hair completely flawess and fix every imperfection you have ever experienced when styling your hair. It doesn't make your hair perfect but it does exactly all the things it claims to, "gloss, smooth, repair, strengthen". My hair has definitely felt smoother and there has been a noticeable difference on the ends of my hair. I have been attempting to grow my hair since January and the longer it gets the more attention it needs. It has felt flat and quite dry but this shampoo has given my hair a complete overhaul. I was always a believer of "lather, rinse and ALWAYS repeat" but with this there is absolutely no need. One application is enough which saves time and money because you are not having to go out and repurchase it all the time and at £5.50 I am extremely glad of this. I used this up about two weeks ago and haven't had a chance to buy it again and I have noticed a difference since I stopped using it. My hair feels drier and is a little frizzier than normal. I will definitely be repurchasing this and all the "Glad Hair Day" range and I have managed to get past the scent of this product after seeing what it has done to my hair!






 My "use up all the shampoos" mission extended to conditioners and this is one of my favourites. It is the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Moisturising conditioner and is £5.59 from boots. I used to be a believer (or a complete sucker) in using the same brand of shampoo and conditioner because it will have better results but I have now realised that it makes little or no difference. I have used this conditioner on and off for a few years now and I love it. It really conditions your hair and leaves it soft all day.  I have found that some conditioners only make your hair soft when you are actually applying the product. The second you rinse it the nice softness disappears. But this conditioner leaves your hair feeling really soft with a nice shine and like the Soap & Glory shampoo a little goes a long way so you don't have to keep repurchasing it which is always a bonus!


Skincare





 As if anything else needs to be written, blogged, vlogged about the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. This cleanser has completely changed my life. 

Now that statement might sound a bit dramatic but when you have spent years and a lot of money searching for the perfect cleanser for dry sensitive skin that doesn't aggravate eczema then that response is understandable! My best friends got me this for my birthday and I will be forever grateful to them for that. I love everything about this product. It has made my skin softer and brighter. This will forever be in my group of holy grail beauty products. 



I got this Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic with boots vouchers I got for my birthday in May. This tonic has all the same great qualites as the hot cloth cleanser. It is extremely gentle and it brightens the skin. A lot of toners I have used in the past have left my skin feeling quite tight but I haven't felt that with this tonic at all. I also really love the packaging.  The cap twists up and down so there is no need to mess about with lids and it doesn't allow for the entire contents to spill out when you first use it. As with the cleanser I will be adding this to my list of holy grail products. 

(Apologies for the bottle looking a tad squished, it has since been "CUT IN HALF" in an attempt to get the last of the product out!)

I purchased this "Neutrogena pink grapefruit oil-free moisturiser" after I was advised by my doctor to get an oil free moisturiser even though I have extremely dry skin. I have completely forgotten the reason why this was a better option for dry skin but I definitely feel a difference since using it. I thought it wouldn't moisturise my skin the same but I was very wrong. The consistency of this product is very light and incredibly moisturising. It makes my skin feel refreshed and I have actually found that it works really well as a primer for my make up. The only thing I would say is that the scent is quite strong. I didn't realise when I was buying this that there is a fragrance free version so I will be picking that one up next time. This is a really good quality product for a great price (£3.33 from Boots). 





This "Enchanted Eye Cream" is from Lush and it is £11.50. I love lush. I had never really got anything from there except bath bombs until I was researching eye creams and this product had a lot of great reviews. I have to agree with the reviews I read. This is a really nice cream. It is a very light, gentle cream ideal for use in such a sensitive area as around the eye. I would say that this does make your eyes appear brighter and it it does soothe puffiness but for me it hasn't diminished my dark circles at all. This wouldn't stop me from buying the product again as I will probably have dark circles no matter what product I use. However just for variety I think I am going to try the Liz Earle eye cream as I have heard great things about that as well. This enchanted eye cream is a tad pricey for only 45g but that amount goes a ridiculously long way. I bought this in January and now in August it is only just coming to an end. I also love the packaging. I think most products like moisturisers and foundations should have a pump applicator because you don't waste as much product! 

Now  I have an excuse for a boots visit to repurchase all my favourite empties products on payday!! 

What products have you been using up recently? 

X


4 comments:

  1. Empties are my favorite! I never really use up products like other bloggers!
    Jennifer
    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm weird, I feel I've accomplished something if I've finished a product because I end up buying loads and not using up any of them! Hahaha!

    Thanks for commenting!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard such great things about the Liz Earle cleanse and polish yet never got round to trying it!! Really need to!!
    Kammi
    x
    www.beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing!! You have to do a post on it when you get it!

    X

    ReplyDelete